Re: [No-draft-expiry] [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

This seems to mix two notions:

Aspect 1: Should drafts expire?  There are clearly different opinions.  I am in the camp that for IETF purposes, draft should expire.  As far as I can tell, that is the question the draft under discussion attempts to change.

Aspect 2: Where should the expiration be record, tracked, reported, etc.  There is a reasonable argument that having that information in the draft is somewhat misleading.  Having drafts say "check the datatracker", with or without stating an expected expiration date, seems useful.  I can live with keeping the date in the draft.  While I do not think it is worth the effort, I can live with removing the date from the draft, while being clear that process-wise, drafts still expire.  However, as far as I can tell, that is not what the draft in front of us does.  I would suggest that if someone thinks that change is worth making, they write a draft that explicitly makes it.

Yours,

Joel