Re: [No-draft-expiry] [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

Hi,

> Robert
>
> On 27.01.2024 02:20, Rob Sayre wrote:
> >
> > Right. So, the draft boilerplate is wrong. That is the point.
>
> If that is the point, then there is a problem with the English
> language.  Expire does not mean "disappear".
>
> Eliot

The phrase in question was:

"> Even after expiration the drafts are still alive [...]"

So, let's look at that word:
<https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expired>

I think we mean the second sense there in the current text.
": no longer valid : having exceeded its period of validity"

So, are they still alive? Yes, I agree there, although that would be counter to the first sense in that dictionary. Are they invalid in some way? I can't see how, other than the label we put on them. Can they be cited? Yes, we do this regularly.

I still think there is value in getting to stable RFCs, but I favor this draft, because it better describes how I-Ds are used.

thanks,
Rob