Re: [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

On Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 12:32, Joel Halpern wrote:
> Your draft, as I read it, calls for removing the notion of draft
> expiry.  If you want to move the marking for expiry to the datatracker
> and associated metadata, that would not be a "no-expiry"  It would be a
> "move-expiry" request.   If that is what you want, then write that.

In a move, you have an origin and a destination.  This is the origin part of that move only.

A draft, which might become RFC, only needs to do the origin part.

This one goes further, based on feedback from the design team, and has some non-normative text that suggests how the datatracker (as the destination for that move) might accept the responsibility for expiration or what-have-you.  This doesn't need to be documented in an RFC, because it is then a policy that can be managed through the datatracker change management processes.  The draft includes some suggestions to highlight that there are a range of options available, because people were concerned that we hadn't paid sufficient attention to the receiving end.