Re: [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

Hi Lars,

Seeing Eliot and Russ's points, I think that this could be the basis of a valuable change, but that it may need additional work.  We have changed our system to recognize that these drafts no longer disappear, because it was clear that external archives had made that a fait accompli.   But this is asking for something different, declaring that the TTL field has no meaning at all.

I think we can probably do better, by making it more variable, allowing any party to set it shorter than the default 6 months, but requiring some action beyond the author's preference to set it longer than a specific amount.  With a specific set of circumstances, I can easily see one of the values being "no expiry". If there are concerns that this does not fit all cases, the answer may be to allow both that and other choices, using a set of processes which need to be ironed out.

Just my two cents,

Ted Hardie