Re: [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

Hi -

An analogy - at my local supermarket, there are expiration dates both on
packaged sushi and on table salt.  This proposal seems to be optimizing
for the table salt use case, for which the expiration date is really not
useful at all, rather than for the sushi, where it's really critical.

The fact of life that expired I-Ds don't simply disappear makes it more,
not less, critical that their maximal expiration dates be really
explicit.  The proposed replacement text "At any time, an Internet-Draft
may be replaced by a more recent version of the same specification" is
far too weak.  Most importantly, it fails to recognize that stuff dies
without any successor version.

I really can't support this proposal.

Randy