Re: [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

It appears that Randy Presuhn  <randy_presuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Hi -
>
>An analogy - at my local supermarket, there are expiration dates both on
>packaged sushi and on table salt.  This proposal seems to be optimizing
>for the table salt use case, for which the expiration date is really not
>useful at all, rather than for the sushi, where it's really critical.

Maybe I'm missing something, but expired I-Ds seem a lot more like salt
than like sushi.  If you have very old salt, you might need to give it
a shake or two before you use it.  If you have very old sushi, it can
kill you.

This discussion tells me that we have wildly varying ideas of what I-D
expiration means, and it also seems to depend on where the draft is
going, e.g., an expired draft that's been adopted by a WG means something
different from one that's in the Independent stream or one that's just
sitting there not adopted by anyone.

R's,
John