Re: [Alldispatch] [No-draft-expiry] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

I don't know what I think about the main idea, but I'm intrigued by Ted's compromise suggestion of configurable expiration intervals. It would be useful for draft that is parked (waiting for implementation, or whatever) to be able to stay active for 12 or 18 months instead of doing a pointless refresh.

And maybe there is some sufficiently high limit for the expiration time that can scratch the itch the authors have, while being lower than infinity.

Martin

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 9:07 AM Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would feel more comfortable if
> only WG adopted / AD sponsored drafts would not expire.

I like this.  It would remove my concerns, which were already stated by others.

I am OPPOSED to the draft being published as it currently stands.