Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-tenoever-tao-retirement-02.txt> (Retiring the Tao of the IETF) to Informational RFC

  • Sorry to rehash all of this if it was resolved back in IETF 114/2022 as I did miss it back then.    Though the purpose of LC is to let people weigh in if they might have missed it previously.

Completely and totally agree; I was just trying to give some of the background context.

  • What I do not understand is how breaking it up and moving it  to the Web and across many Pages solves the  out of date problem.   Do we really need to put in place someone to be a more active editor of the document? Presumably this could the same people updating the web pages.

The LLC staff maintains the website. The tao has been the IETF community, with IESG approval. Changing that would require an RFC.