Re: Proposal for Consolidating Parts of the ART & TSV Areas

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 6:41 PM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But the whole "limiting the bandwidth" idea, I think, is assuming
> the wrong goal for IETF.   IETF's goal should not be to produce as
> many RFCs as quickly as possible.  (And I wish it would stop trying
> to cite the number of RFCs as any indication of merit.)  IETF's goal
> should instead be to produce the documents within its scope, that
> are needed most by the Internet community, ensuring that they have
> been developed with input from a broad range of interest, are
> technically sound, and produce them quickly enough so that those
> documents can serve as useful input to their audiences.

While I generally agree with the above, you also have to factor in, to
some extent, for what documents there are volunteers willing to work on
that document.

Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx