Re: Proposal for Consolidating Parts of the ART & TSV Areas

Mark Nottingham <mnot=40mnot.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I'm concerned this would be limiting -- HTTP is more than transport,
    > despite recent focus on that in /2 and /3. Having an AD who understands
    > things primarily from an application protocol standpoint is something
    > I'd be reluctant to lose.

That assumes that ADs need to be very specific subject matter experts, rather
than people and process managers.

It's exactly this view that is limiting the bandwidth of the IESG.

{I think this is moving chairs around the deck, as others have said, but I'm
not opposed to trying it out.}

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )