Re: The IETF's email mess [was: RE: Large messages to 6man list]

On 8/23/23 12:05, Andrew Newton wrote:

I don't think outright rejecting or converting emails is a good idea.

That said, we could run an experiment to see if our culture can be shaped by
writing down a set of conventions for email we can ask participants to use.
We could even experiment with autoresponders that remind users to use those
conventions if they send email in contravention of them.

I don't see why we can't experiment with any of these mechanisms, as long as we start those experiments either with non-IETF lists, or with sublists that only volunteers subscribe to (the same messages get posted to both lists, only the volunteers are subscribed to the sublist that has input filtered by the blocking or converter).   The unfiltered messages would go into the archive.

Keith