Re: Meeting frequeney (was: Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable)

On 7/30/23 12:45, John C Klensin wrote:

During the first part of the pandemic, the
IESG took on a great deal of authority because it was necessary
and I, for one, really appreciate them doing that.  But we
(including the IESG and LLC) need to get back to remembering
that IETF consensus arises out of community discussion and
(rough) agreement, with the IESG evaluating and confirming that
consensus.  Whatever a discussion or decision within the IESG,
some WG or other meeting, or even by the LLC, may be, it is not,
without a clear opportunity for informed whole-community
discussion, IETF consensus.

+1.

Keith