Re: Making meeting attendance more affordable

Hi,

On Jul 27, 2023, at 10:41, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> *manycouches* came to consensus about that.
> Of course, we have no authority (it's not even a WG), so that was our consensus suggestion.

I think it is confusing to use the term "consensus" here, which has a very specific meaning in the IETF.

An open discussion on a mailing list may have all/most participants of that discussion in agreement, but that is not the same as having established any sort consensus.

Thanks,
Lars