Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rib-extend-14.txt> (RIB Extension YANG Data Model) to Proposed Standard

I thought that I had commented on this Last Call but perhaps not.

The English is quirky, e.g. mixed singular and plural, missing definite and indefinite articles and such like but I do not think that that impairs my understanding.

Contacts needs https:

The examples use the line folding convention which needs a reference else our XML reviewers will complain

What makes life more difficult is the terminology which I find inconsistent e.g. tag, route tag, administrative tag - are these the same or different? and if different, which is the YANG leaf tag? RIP has a tag which I think different but perhaps confusing to those who are familiar with it.

The Introduction sounds very generic in its talk of routing protocols but I think that it promises more than it delivers; the YANG description seem to do the same in places. The reality is that in some places only static routes are augmented; what about dynamic routes? And where they are augmented then I think that that needs calling out. In a similar vein, I think the first paragraph of s.3 wrong.

'The following tree snapshot' looks like an extract to me, not a snapshot.

I have commented in the past about active route and I still find it tautological.

Authors address gmail.com.com?

Tom Petch