Re: [Last-Call] OT: change BCP 83 [Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

On 10/11/22 14:24, Salz, Rich wrote:

People who they *believe* are less powerful and whom they *believe* have no allies.

Popular media, at least in the US, is full of examples where that belief turned out to be wrong.

Well, sure.  Bullies do/did sometimes get their comeuppance.   I don't think that suddenly made them not be bullies, though.

That distinction is important, because in email everyone looks the same. Or, “nobody knows you’re a dog.”

Well, there are perceptions of relative power and status even over email.

But I really don't know how much any of this figures into the modern use of the word "bullying".

Keith