Re: [Last-Call] OT: change BCP 83 [Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

On 10/11/22 12:05, Paul Wouters wrote:

Well, if we're going to talk about who has been bullied by whom, and supply justification for such claims, we might be here a long time.

I wonder what people even mean by the term "bullied" these days.  When I was a kid, a bully was someone who used violence or a threat of violence to attack less powerful people in order to build him/her-self up.

Bullies always targeted people who were less powerful than themselves, and generally also people who didn't have many friends who would come to their aid.

These days I have the impression that people think they're being bullied merely because they're subject to criticism.   That's not what the word used to mean.

Keith