Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 16:51 +0200, Bless, Roland (TM) wrote:
> First of all, expressing racism is not the same thing as expressing an
> "unpopular opinion". Racism is simply not tolerable and I see that the
> leadership has an obligation to act upon that, therefore it is not about
> suppressing opinions that IETF leadership does not like.

Agreed.

> Second, even if
> we leave racism aside, it is clear from Dan's postings that he is
> discriminating against people of groups that the IETF should not
> exclude (and human dignity is non-negotiable).

Can you give me any examples of this?  So far no one has been able to
provide links to messages where Dan has expressed racist or
discriminatory views, so I would be very interested to see.

> His ridiculing and
> belittling postings show a clear lack of respect for individuals of
> these groups and it is unprofessional if the community repeatedly
> requested to stop that behavior, but he nevertheless still continues.

It seems to me Dan Harkins does not always suffer fools lightly (I hope
that is the correct idiom), but he doesn't discriminate against
"individuals of groups", but against "individuals".

--
venleg helsing,
Kjetil T.