Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On 10/3/22 18:52, Keith Moore wrote:
I have sometimes been accused of endlessly repeating the same argument, when I was actually trying to refine and clarify the argument, attempting to improve it over time based on feedback.

That kind of refinement is entirely reasonable; and I agree that it's part of finding consensus. I've been looking pretty closely at your series of statements on this topic and trying to find the evolution in your position, but am having difficulty doing so (which might be on me or on you or some combination of the two). Perhaps it would be helpful for readers seeking to identify such refinement -- and significantly more efficient for you and other participants -- if future emails were to simply explain where your position has evolved, and we can assume that everything *else* you've previously said remains in effect. Basically, the semantic equivalent of sending patch files instead of an entire source code tree each time.

Or to put it more charitably, attention is a precious quantity and our processes require a lot of it.

Precisely.

/a