Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022, at 12:20, Timothy Mcsweeney wrote:

> On 10/03/2022 9:11 PM EDT Bron Gondwana <brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2022, at 11:25, Timothy Mcsweeney wrote:
> >
> > And this action was posted on a different list making this action void.  But please be on guard, it is entirey probable that Ted Hardie could make a "Tiny Update to BCP 83" to "fix" this issue.

> List moderator hat on:

> Tim, this is an unjustified personal attack on Ted Hardie.  Please desist from personal attacks.

> Perhaps there is an issue that needs to be fixed, and the last-call list creation didn't fix all the dangling pointers spread throughout source documents - I'm not sure.  Regardless, resolving an oversight doesn't necessitate a personal attack against another member of the community.

Bron, this is not a personal attack, its a warranted warning to my fellow IETFers because it already happened [1]

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/Kr4f5dYkTPHSqQO61GNJY2nel3I/

In that thread I see Ted making a proposal requesting IETF consensus to fix a perceived flaw in an existing document. By all means -- that's how the IETF works.  I applaud everybody who does that in good faith.

If Ted wants to take on the effort of repairing any possible issues with the existing BCP83, then good for him.

I'd wait for him or someone else to offer though, rather than suggesting that a specific individual do the work. We are a volunteer community after all.

Regards,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd