Re: Exit for areas Re: dispatch for areas

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > What I don't get from this is notice of if the work item was delivered
    > or what was delivered - which is not always the same as the thing
    > promised.

    > We used to do WG reports in SAAG until we stopped because there were
    > better things to do. But one thing that we lost from that is a wrap up
    > of what was delivered/achieved. Might be useful just to do the
    > recharterings and closures. Probably best to do that before they happen
    > rather than waiting for them to happen since many WGs are effectively
    > closed long before they are shut.

I think that one way is to have IAB or Area (SAAG) tech talks.
I pushed for this to happen for DOTS, for instance.

That winds up on youtube, and actually provides a good deal of useful content
for those who were not at the IETF at the time.  I wish we had such stuff
from the 1990s...

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )