Re: Exit for areas Re: dispatch for areas

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 7:41 AM Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason I go to a lot of dispatch WG meetings is that often they are the highest value for me. I can get a really good idea of the hot topics in an area I am not focused on in a short time.
>m really not sure that the 'every area is different' argument really holds. There would be a great deal of value in consistent processes across the IETF. Some areas might spend little time doing dispatching, they might have different processes, but each area can at least document its process.

I agree with this. I think a process-centric WG activity proven in one
area, needs to be considered for its general applicability in other
areas. Because the key component is the "process" aspect -at least in
principle, we're all doing broadly the same process measured as inputs
and outputs surely?