Re: Registration open for IETF 115

On 8/23/22 07:20, Eliot Lear wrote:

It seems like this is a problem that can be addressed by the free market.

You may want to take a look at London hotel prices to get a feel for how the free market is functioning and what economies of scale with some restrictions get you.

Well, sure.  But this far out, COVID is such a huge wild card that it seems far too early to even speculate about whether (and where) hotel rooms will be available for reasonable prices in November.

And I've already been burned by one airline that suddenly decided to change its COVID policies and increase the risk to its passengers on short notice.   I do have some sympathy for the travel industry's plight, but not so much that I feel like trying to compensate them for their losses out of my own pocket.

Keith