Re: Registration/volunteer gap

(Originally hit reply, not reply-all)

    There was one final posting of the volunteer list, July 25.  One person noted that they weren't on the list and pinged me on July 26. The interim list was posted in July 15, and nobody contacted me about not being on that list.

    I will not disclose the names of the seven people, but there is nothing in that group that stands out as different from the other volunteers. At least five of them work for classic big IETF companies.

    >    Too late now, but too bad this was not noticed before you reran
        the selection process.

    It would not have mattered because the list was frozen on July 25. The alternative would have been to post a new final list, delay things further as people reviewed that.

    I posted this note for the sake of transparency, and to assure people it will be fixed next time.