Re: Where's the IETF. was Restricting participant access to the standards process

Actually I have been corrected privately. the warrant canary thing is
(I am told) extremely HARD to block in law, and US law makes this
harder, so in that sense, if you want a canary, the US is the place to
be, to have one. So much the better.

And, as was also pointed out to me, the issue is with the LLC and its
officers, and not the IETF at large. An important point.
Jurisdictional issues are simply hard to avoid, but the reach of US
law is wide anyway. I still think LLC officers should report on if and
when they are legally obligated to block or exclude people.

-G