Re: Where's the IETF. was Restricting participant access to the standards process

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022, at 13:39, George Michaelson wrote:
You chose to reply to part of my mail and ignore the part where I said:

"I don't seriously expect anything to change here btw. Once you have
incorporated in the US, moving is costly. Jurisdiction of
incorporation does not really alter the reach of the US laws regarding
data in any case."

So how about you stop with the objectifying language John?

Without going too far into the "George, your way of communicating here is actively pushing me to disagree with your points", I would be interested to know...

If you had, in the past, had full control of the IETF at the point where it wasn't yet incorporated in the USA, which alternative jurisdiction you would have incorporated the IETF in, and what are the pros and cons you would have weighed up to make that choice.

Without something like that, it really just does seem like you're complaining that the world isn't all puppies and rainbows - which is totally true.  But we do have to compare to realistic alternatives that the IETF had at the time (and has now), not a mythical utopia in which we can ignore the real world.

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd