Re: Restricting participant access to the standards process

I for one, hoped the opportunity to *deliberately* incorporate in a
non-US location would be taken, for several I* and other NFP bodies.
That it never happened continues to make me wonder what it is, about
US legal incorporation I don't understand, that makes US people prefer
it over all other incorporation. I suspect the only answer is "its the
one they know"

I know a lot of this is also convenience and history. But there are
times to review both history, and convenience, and seriously consider
the alternatives for their cost:benefit.

I don't seriously expect anything to change here btw. Once you have
incorporated in the US, moving is costly. Jurisdiction of
incorporation does not really alter the reach of the US laws regarding
data in any case.

-G