Re: Service outages planned for April 25

On 28. Apr 2022, at 12:51, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't help but notice that the fact that it was necessary at all is a sign that email interoperates poorly in practice,

We knew that :-)

> and a sign that IETF has failed to maintain the email protocols to keep them interoperable.

FTFY:

and a sign that IETF has failed to create an economic and regulatory environment for email that doesn’t make it viable for a large player to optimize their own convenience at the detriment of interoperability with others.

But wait, the IETF is not in the business of creating economic and regulatory environments.