Re: Service outages planned for April 25

On 4/28/22 06:22, Jay Daley wrote:

One of the changes made in this transition was to the IP address range of our mail servers.  As the IETF is a very high volume mail sender our address ranges often need whitelisting or other special treatment by large mail receivers.  Having that special treatment restored with one large receiver took a couple of days (and much thanks to the IETF’r who helped with that).

I'm glad this was taken care of expeditiously.    But I can't help but notice that the fact that it was necessary at all is a sign that email interoperates poorly in practice, and a sign that IETF has failed to maintain the email protocols to keep them interoperable.

Keith