Re: non-EMA vaccinated IETF113 in-person participation ? Re: IETF 113 will be a hybrid onsite/online meeting in Vienna, Austria

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 03:36:09AM +0100, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> > 2 additional shots in february doesn't sound exciting either,
> > when there is likely very little knowledge about the impact of doing that
> > after you had received 2 other vaccine shots some months before.
>
> Cross-vaccination is now relatively well understood (I’m not an expert in this, but e.g. my wife got three different vaccines over the course of 2021).

Sure, but there where no recommendations from health organizations until there was
a) A need to do so (e.g.: because of side effects in specific groups)
b) There was a sufficient large number of people who did it without problems in before.

AFAIK, except for international chinese travellers, there is no a),
and so there is no b) (for chinese + EMA vaccines). So you're on your own in making a risk assessment.

> > But the fact that such shots would invalidate prior shots with
> > a chinese permitted vaccine does put the icing on the cake.
> > Where did you hear this info ?
>
> I don’t know what’s being invalidated here.
> The non-EMA vaccinations essentially don’t count; you show your two EMA vaccinations and are admitted.

The way i read your first email, it sounded as if returning to China would
be more painful (wrt to isolation rules) if you ALSO got a non-chinese
vaccination (of course i am assuming you would have received a chinese
vaccination in before).

Maybe i misunderstood you there. If return is the same whether or not you
also got additional EMA shots, then thats a country, not IETF issue IMHO.
Didn't Australia prohibit return of australian citizens some time last year ?
Aka: nothing IETF can do about that.

Cheers
    Toerless

--