RE: The leadership pipeline and WG chairs

> I would be fine with the document Shepherd, WG Chair, and sponsoring AD
> being listed in documents as long as it was not too prominent near the end
> and only the Authors/Editors are listed on the front page. But they
> shouldn't
> be labeled as a "contributor" unless they actually made a technical
> contribution. Being listed as a contributor has IPR implications.

Allowing your name to be listed can be taken as a kind of endorsement.
(That's why we wanted McCahill to RFC 1738. Demonstrating endorsement
of www by the main gopher guy.)

What good would knowing the sponsoring AD's name do?
As a "who can I blame?" piece of metadata? After the RFC is published,
what good is that?
--
https://LarryMasinter.net https://interlisp.org