Re: Want to be on the IESG?

On 04/10/2021 21:18, Salz, Rich wrote:
Making the AD job smaller has been mentioned,

Effort was expended in that direction while I was on the IESG but
that effort failed (sadly).

It would be good for the IETF community to understand those efforts
and various people's impressions of why things failed.

but there are other ways, including adding more Area Directors,
splitting the Areas up smaller, stopping the semi-automatic renewal
of an AD for a second term

I'd be very skeptical that any of the above would turn
out well.

On the one hand, I want to know why you think that. On the other
hand, since you didn't bother to give reasons I'm not sure why I
should care, either.

Understood. I'd be happy to expound over a beer but it'd all
take too long to type tbh, and would likely be controversial
or be text with which it'd be very easy to disagree, so it's
maybe one that'd have to wait 'till we manage to meet again.

Cheers,
S.