Re: Want to be on the IESG?

    > Making the AD job smaller has been mentioned,

    Effort was expended in that direction while I was on the
    IESG but that effort failed (sadly).

It would be good for the IETF community to understand those efforts and various people's impressions of why things failed.

    > but there are other
    > ways, including adding more Area Directors, splitting the Areas up
    > smaller, stopping the semi-automatic renewal of an AD for a second
    > term

>    I'd be very skeptical that any of the above would turn
    out well.

On the one hand, I want to know why you think that. On the other hand, since you didn't bother to give reasons I'm not sure why I should care, either.