Re: Proposal: an "important-news" IETF announcement list

Hi Barry,

On 29/09/2021 15:08, Barry Leiba wrote:
1.  Announcements sent manually by <various roles> = 284
2.  Announcements of new and updated WG charters & WG closures = 44
3.  (included in above 44)
4.  Announcements of new non-WG mailing lists = 13
5.  Announcements of new RFCs = 275
6.  IESG and LLC telechat announcements = 39
7.  Announcements of document actions = 175
8.  Announcements of IESG conflict-review results = 14
9.  Last call announcements for I-Ds = 174 (+ 4 for other actions)
10. Interim WG meeting announcements = 256

The "important-news" proposal would only retain those under (1) above.
I think that 1, 4, and 6 should all be retained as is (and in the new
list, if it's created).

I think that 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 should be in a weekly summary, one
single message per week.

I have a slight problem with this proposal because if it is implemented it would not be possible to find last call announcements by draft name. I think this is a rather important feature when searching archive.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this problem.

Best Regards,

Alexey