Re: I want to reclaim 192.88.99.0/24 - does anyone have a problem with that?

On 13-Aug-21 03:38, Templin (US), Fred L wrote:
> RFC7526 Section 7 says:
>
>   "Redelegation of this prefix for any use requires justification via an IETF Standards
>     Action [RFC5226]."

Exactly. So if a document proposing to use this prefix comes up up for discussion as an IETF Standards Track document, we can debate the justification. It can't be decided in the abstract.

Personally I feel that John Kristoff's operational evidence suggests that it's too soon to re-use this prefix on the live network; it was only deprecated 6 years ago. Of course, that would be part of the debate.

Regards,
    Brian