Re: I want to reclaim 192.88.99.0/24 - does anyone have a problem with that?

Templin (US), Fred L wrote on 12/08/2021 18:35:
The "Plan B" approach would be to earmark another IPv4 /24 or shorter prefix
for OMNI but that would require setting aside forever a scarce commodity that
would never again be useful for general Internetworking. So, from an altruistic
standpoint, it would seem that Plan A would be kinder to the Internet in general.
But, if folks are convinced that a Plan B approach is needed, we would of course
reluctantly regroup and pursue that path.

honestly, plan B sounds like the better option. It's a single prefix and this is an entire protocol class. A /24 would be 1:1.5E7 of the available address space, so there isn't a problem with the benefit:harm ratio.

Nick