Re: [Last-Call] [Manycouches] Last Call: <draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting-04.txt> (Considerations for Cancellation of IETF Meetings) to Best Current Practice

Forwarding these comments from Peter (with permission):

Begin forwarded message:
Two comments:
1. Page 5 - 4.1 The relocation suggestion is in my view totally unrealistic. Finding a venue that meets the requirements is a process that takes months and is started years in advance.
2. Smaller comment: refunding upon cancellation might be rephrased to:
Upon cancellation of the meeting, the LLC SHOULD offer refunds to all attendees. Attendees can opt-out of receiving a refund. ...
[ratio: if we will have to cancel close to a meeting, non-refundable costs will have been made and people could help the IETF by waiving their refund]

Thanks,
Lars