Re: Status of this memo

Hi Lars,
At 01:41 AM 27-04-2021, Lars Eggert wrote:
There was a suggestion recently to not serve I-Ds from ietf.org domains until they were adopted by the IETF. Do you think serving individual drafts from another domain would help make that distinction clearer?

I doubt that serving I-Ds from another site would change much [1].

There was also a suggestion to add something to the boilerplate text of individual I-Ds along the lines of "anyone can submit an I-D; they have no formal standing until they are adopted by a group in the IETF or IRTF". Would that provide additional clarification?

The following thread is an illustration of the discussions which occur every now and then outside the IETF: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/cfrg/ved8f1t70B0M2aDuc6I0DcsDH1o/ The github repository [2] for the research group mentions "Standard Draft". The research group is either publishing misleading information or not bothered by what goes into its repository.

It would be good to have the status represent the current status of the draft instead of a boilerplate clause which does not match reality.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. All I-Ds are listed under the same domain name in the datatracker.
2. https://github.com/cfrg/draft-irtf-cfrg-bls-signature