Re: Status of this memo [NOTE WELL]

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 7:13 PM Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28-Apr-21 01:33, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> Internet-Drafts are documents submitted according to the 'NOTE WELL'

The NOTE WELL is not binding; it's the actual BCPs that control intellectual property rules and they are of course directly cited in the boilerplate.

Yea, my point is that the thing boilerplate should start off by making the statements that are true of the widest number of drafts before making IETF and IRTF specific statements.

Every draft is subject to the IPR regime. Some are WG working documents, etc.

I don't particularly like the wording either. But that is the objective.