Re: Wow, we're famous, was WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 8:45 AM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/19/21 7:37 AM, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> However, from comments on NYT article, it is obvious that, even
> in US, there is no such consensus, not even roughly.

I don't think any conclusion about consensus within the US can be drawn
from the NYT article comments.   The sample is too small and not
representative of the US population.

Yes, I would agree. Also, I suspect the IETF's view of consensus is different than what the general population may think it is.   Our approach to consensus makes sense when determining how to move forward and get things done with respect to technology, however for this topic (terminology as it applies to humanity) is far more than a technical topic.

regards,

Victor K

Keith