Re: the old fellowship program, was Wow, we're famous

On 15-Apr-21 10:23, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> But I am thinking that the key could be a mentorship that would extend beyond a meeting week.

That was always the theory. I acted as a mentor several times under the original version of the mentoring scheme, and did follow-up mails (phone calls were never practical). But my success rate with the follow-ups was approximately zero. Successful mentoring is not easy outside a more traditional work environment with frequent personal contact.

    Brian