Re: Wow, we're famous, was WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

On 4/14/21, 2:44 PM, "ietf on behalf of Nico Williams" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Fernando has pointed out repeatedly that ISOC used to have a sponsorship
    program for participants from economically disadvantaged countries, and
    that this program has been terminated.

[JL] The IETF has a Diversity & Inclusivity sponsorship program (https://www.ietf.org/about/support/#diversity-inclusivity) that provides support in the manner you suggest. IIRC it was developed just as COVID hit so it thus far has only been used to support waivers for online meetings.