Re: Wow, we're famous, was WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

On 14 Apr 2021, at 10:33, Eliot Lear wrote:

What does this mean to the IETF? I don’t think it means “stop doing TERM”. Rather I think it means that we should work on the other aspects. We should make it easy and fun to be here. And mostly it is fun (of course I’m biased), but sometimes it’s not easy.

The question I keep asking myself (and I don’t have an answer) is whether by focusing on terminology in this way we are distracting ourselves from making more meaningful efforts to make IETF more inclusive. I don’t know what those more meaningful efforts might be, but I hope we’re addressing the big problems first.

-Jim