Re: DNSSEC architecture vs reality

On 13 Apr 2021, at 11:56, Eliot Lear wrote:

> My conclusion: why choose?  Both validation AND signing is a problem, especially if we do not want to encourage market concentration.

Because doing signing is viewed as a cost, and there must be a benefit in doing the signing. This is why validation must come first. The cost is low, and you have to do it in relatively few places (the large access providers). So easier to convince them than the ones that are to start signing zones (which is more work).

   Patrik