Re: Non routable IPv6 registry proposal

On 3/15/21 1:28 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:

I agree.   I have always thought that the biggest issue for ULA-C is who maintains the central registry.   It needs to be free or very low cost, and permanent.

I am guessing that the biggest issue is actually to prevent them from being advertised and routed in the public network.   Sure, in the near term, maybe everyone will filter route advertisements for ULA-C prefixes, but what about the long term?   Since they're globally unique and traceable to their owners, there's less technical justification for filtering them.

Keith