Re: Non routable IPv6 registry proposal

> On Jan 20, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 0) Nowhere does the 'end to end' principle demand that the source and destination addresses on an IP packet remain constant

IP addresses is the only means for identifying an Internet endpoint per RFC 1122. While I agree that there may be utility of having proxied endpoints (e.g. NATs) with effectively internal addresses behind them, it doesn’t help the case to begin with this inaccurate assertion.

I’d encourage just removing it and getting on with the rest of the issues.

Joe