Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

On 28/1/21 00:48, Terry Manderson wrote:
I feel like that the IETF spends a lot of time posturing about what it can, or can not do, to address diversity.

FWIW, I've askes the question of what kind of diversity (gender? race? company? geographic? all of them? ) is expected, because the answers to the problem (if any) probably depend a lot on which diversity axis you want to address.

And probably also even who you'd ask the questions.

Perhaps a pragmatic approach (since we are engineers) might be to first survey the (apologies for the offence) the diverse and minority participants and ask them what their barriers were to contributing to the IETF and what their barriers, restrictions, or reluctance might be to seeking an IETF leadership role.

The results of that might even form a problem statement.

Agreed.

Cheers,
--
Fernando Gont