Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> (Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility) to Experimental RFC

On Fri, 2020-12-18 at 15:20 -0500, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> I do not believe this document in any way removes the various
> disqualification criteria.  As such, is your question just about the
> statistics, or is there another issue that I am missing?

So the second point on A) is a question about the statistics and current test
implementation that arrived at this data. I think the specification is clear
that it is WG chairs, and not chairs of other groups that are listed in the data
tracker.

On my second main bullet, it is mostly a question if this really was the
intention considering that this will impact a number of people that are trapped
in clusters. It will likely lead to a small set of individuals being qualified
for a longer period since the time they where active in defining and getting
their document approved. From me that could have been a criteria that wouldn't
have been affected by C238 etc. However, I don't know how many others like me
that it will not matter for as I will qualify anyway even if it was 5-years
since IESG approval, this due to other documents, and will qualify on path 1
also. Do you know how many people that are impacted by this?

So for the experiment I think this can be skipped, however I think long term if
these rules would be the basis for new permanent rules one should understand how
much these missref cluster impacts the set of eligible persons.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
(3 months left as AD)