Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

On 12/3/20 00:21, John C Klensin wrote:
There is also the question or whether the IETF tells people this
is an available option or whether it is a little secret among
the relevant volunteer and a few hundred or her closest friends.

For what it's worth, I think we're already in the second of these scenarios. I went looking for publicly visible information about the FTP server on the IETF web site, and cannot find it (aside from a single mention that the server *exists* without actually giving its name or address). The publicly-facing version of this information appears to have been lost at some point, and no one noticed.

/a