Re: Telnet and FTP to Historic

On 12/2/20 13:12, Michael Thomas wrote:

On 12/2/20 8:38 AM, Adam Roach wrote:
On 12/1/20 23:00, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
[That said, I am a little peeved at the lack of a telnet system on some platforms as I frequently used it to connect to a raw port and rest out services.]

If it helps: I've yet to find a system that lacks both telnet and nc (netcat) out of the box.

I don't think MacOS has telnet out of the box. I vaguely remember having to go through quite a few hoops to get it. But I am a pretty clueless Mac user, so it was probably mostly my fault.

Yep, macOS doesn't come with telnet. But it seems to always have nc installed at /usr/bin/nc -- and the man page certainly gives the impression that the systems ship that way, since there are a bunch of interesting new options prefixed with "--apple-"

/a