Re: TLS access Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

On 11/20/20 12:10 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:

     > Separate question: we were told for the newcomers slides to use rfc-editor.org
     > for official RFC references.  How do we resolve that difference of views?

    I'm not knowledgeable enough to be the authority on this.
Fair enough.  Let's chase this down tho and figure out what it should be.  "There  can be only one" definitive source.

It seems clear that rfc-editor.org is the authoritative source for RFCs; they're the ones who publish RFCs after all.

IETF's mirror of the RFC Editor's repository/archive is just for convenience.

Keith